The information provided below relates to our new 2018/19. This information has been made available to you earlier than usual to enable you to budget/plan ahead. If you currently subscribe to this service offer and would like to view the 2017/18 service offer information, a copy of the current offer is available for download in the ‘Communication’ section of BSN. In the filter type the service provider name and select ‘ALL’ then click on ‘search.
Length of Agreement
Provision within this Service Level Agreement commences 1 August 2017 and ends on the 31 July 2019
Service to be Provided to the Client
This Service Level Agreement has been developed in conjunction with schools to provide a comprehensive package of professional management technical advice and support to all primary and special schools that subscribe to the provision of a centrally managed school meals service. The scope of the support provided by the Facilities Management Client Unit (FMCU) includes the following elements:
- Managing the tendering of the central contracts for the school meals service including the evaluation of tenders and the award of contracts.
- Ensuring that schools have their best interests promoted during the tender process.
- Ensuring that the Specification meets the Client’s needs and complies with legal requirements and provides value for money.
- Providing regular monitoring of all aspects of the Contractor’s performance and standards through regular site visits, monthly contractor meetings and correspondence to ensuring the Contractor’s adherence to the contract specification.
- Providing Bexley’s Property and Building Services Team with information where possible relating to the need for kitchen works or repairs.
- Maintaining, servicing and replacing all relevant kitchen and dining room equipment and providing additional equipment as identified necessary.
- Administrating purchase accounts and maintaining tight budgetary control for payments to contractors, annual increases in payments and charges to contractors.
- Providing advice and guidance on general or specific queries relating to the provision of the school meals service including, menus, nutritional standards, healthy eating, kitchen related equipment, hygiene, health and safety and any other contract matters.
- Assisting schools evaluate and improve their school meals service so that it best meets the Government’s legislation for school mea
To provide an annual update on the catering provision for each school covered by this agreement.
- Investigate any complaints received from the Client and arbitrate any disputes at a local level. ls and healthy schools programmes.