Safeguarding Update Workshop - Bexley-638 (Saturday 27 April 2019 9:30 - 12:30)
This training includes information regarding recent changes in legislation and guidance, the workshop will explore the implications of these changes for you and your setting. National and local updates, E-safety & current trends, referral processes, Local Authority's procedures, the Prevent Duty and how to demonstrate British Values in everyday routines & practice.
Learning methods will include information briefing, group discussions, activities, quizzes and case studies.
EYFSP Assessment - Agreement Trialling/Moderation Workshop - (30 April 2019 13.30 - 15.30)
The session will include :
1. An overview of the moderation process, looking at the changes and additional guidance within the STA EYFS Profile Handbook 2018.
2. The 2018 ARA statutory document.
3. Good practice regarding moderation.
4. In addition - participants will :
- work with the Early Years Moderation Manager to consider the EYFSP exemplification materials for the Early Learning Goals (ELGs) in order to make accurate, secure and robust teacher assessment judgements across the Profile.
During the agreement trialling session reference will be made to the Sense Check information and Characteristics of Effective Learning (CELs) to ensure consistency of judgements across the ELGs.
PARTICIPANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO BRING ALONG :
- 3 samples of evidence, ideally 3 children's Learning Journals / Journeys which give an overview of children's learning and development across the Early Learning Goals and / or three samples of writing : one for emerging, one for expected and one (possibly) of exceeding judgements in order to share with other delegates in a moderation exercise (delegates will be expected to participate in discussions / professional dialogues with colleagues about children's achievement sharing anecdotal examples / evidence)
- The STA EYFS Profile Handbook 2018
- The Exemplification materials (Oct 2014 updated version)